Women Beyond 50 – It is Your Time
“When you get older, it’s not about what you did that you regret, it’s what you didn’t do.”
~ Grace Slick, rock and roll star, lead singer Jefferson Airplane
I am drawn to coaching motivated women, midlife and up, who are ripe and ready to bloom but feel stuck or unclear about next steps. Women who feel the urgency of time and are ready to bring long delayed desires off the back burner. Women who want to discover their sense of purpose and live fully as they age.
Far from believing we are “over the hill,” as we age, women report a higher sense of positive wellbeing and freedom to be more fully ourselves. We take risks and explore interests and care less about the opinions of others. We may face tough decisions about work, money, relationships, family, health and how we spend our time. What better time to claim our power and wisdom.
Despite all the positive changes for women, negative messages abound. Many of us have internalized limiting beliefs that stand in our way:
- doubting ourselves or abilities
- a magnetic pull to endlessly put the needs of other before our own
- difficulty saying no or disappointing people
- confusing taking care of ourselves with being “selfish”
I support my clients to challenge false and demeaning views of women aging. Do you need to say No? Set limits? Effectively express your needs? These are tremendous achievements in our adult development whenever they come and I would love to help you get there.
My women clients come to coaching to:
- Make big, juicy decisions or changes
- Say NO to people and things sapping their time and energy
- Manage their chorus of inner critics and saboteurs
- Clarify a new sense of purpose and meaning
- Make a lasting commitment to their health
- Reinvent themselves as they age
- Decide what to do with the space of an “empty nest”
- Start over after break-up or widowhood
- Find balance taking care of self and aging parents
- Plan for retirement
All across the world millions of older women are living lives that fly in the face of stereotypes. My work is based in the belief that women are a mighty and undervalued resource for positive change and hope for our planet. When we are empowered there is no stopping us.
If you would like to find out more about coaching and if I am the right coach for you, please call or email me to schedule a free, no pressure consultation.
“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any”
~ Alice Walker, Poet and author